Key Facts for the Country of Peru
The country of Peru rests along the western coast of South America. It is a contrasting country culturally, geographically, and topographically. Here are some fascinating facts about this increasingly popular tourist destination:
• There are three distinctive geographic regions that divide the country – coastal, eastern hills, and the highlands.
• The country has free public education, and all children are ordered to attend. The country has a 90% literacy rate.
• The average life expectation is just under 70 years.
• Most of the population of Peru is Roman Catholic, and the first spoken language is Spanish.
• The population of Peru is approximately 28 million people. From a population standpoint, the country ranks 19th.
• The country’s natural resources include natural gas, petroleum, gold, copper, silver, coal, and iron ore.
• Ethnically, the population of the country is made up of primarily of American Indians, Hispanics, Europeans, and Africans.
• Peru’s national game is soccer.
(Back to Articles) texas tourism attractions